Friday 11 March 2016

Clarins Skincare Review

Since January I have been on a real skincare kick, I have upped my water intake and am eating as much green veg as I can handle. With the wedding coming up I wanted to give my skin as much help as possible so that on the day I can get away with as little make up as possible. I have never had perfect skin but it isn't awful, I tend to get a few break outs around that time of the month or if I am stressing out but other than that it tends to be ok. It had been pretty dry towards the end of last year though, a combination or the weather and the skincare I was using, so I wanted to change things up a little.

 
 
In January I popped in to my local Debenhams and spoke to a consultant on the Clarins counter who helped me pick our a few items to start off my new skincare regime. With Clarins being a pretty high end brand I didn't want to purchase an entire set of products to then get home and have an allergic reaction or my skin just not like the products, so I just picked up the exfoliator and moisturiser to start with.

 
The Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream is a great exfoliator, I use it twice a week (on a Sunday and a Wednesday if that makes a difference) and my skin stays fresh and smooth all week long. I tend to just get my hands damp and rub a pea sized amount all over my face. I tend to be quite light handed with it and was told any particular area of concern should be rubbed for longer not harder as you can really damage your skin by scrubbing at it.

 
The moisturiser I picked up is the HydraQuench Lotion SPF 15. I love a daily moisturiser that has SPF in it as it means I can skip that step in my daily routine. This moisturiser smells lovely and feels like it is doing something really good when you put it on your face. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave your face feeling sticky or wet, which is an issue I have had with other moisturisers. Foundation also goes on really well over the top of this too.
 
When I brought these products I was given some samples of the cleanser and toner which I used for a couple of weeks before purchasing the full sized products.

 
I use the Cleansing Milk for combination/oily skin and I love it. It is very luxurious and smells amazing but it also takes off all of my make up. I do use an eye make up remover to get my mascara off but other than that I just use this cleanser for all of my face make up. I tend to do one cleanse in the morning and two at night just to make sure I have every last scrap of make up off.  

 
Finally I use the Toning Lotion for combination/oily skin morning and night. It is very gentle and doesn't sting my face like some other toners I have used in the past and it also leaves your skin feeling refreshed which I like. I just use two pumps on a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face.
 
Next on my shopping list is a night cream and the beauty flash balm which I have heard great things about!
 
Have any of you tried Clarins skincare? What were your thoughts?
 
Have a great weekend!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment