Saturday 2 July 2011

Whats that smell...?

To me perfume is a daily essential and I tend to stick to the same few everyday. I know some people have loads of different bottles but I love having a signature scent that if people smell it reminds them of me, for example a friend of mine went on holiday last year with his girlfriend and she asked him to smell Vera Wang's Princess and straight away he knew it smelt like me which is impressive for a guy!
I tend to have four perfumes that I wear all the time and just alternate them. I have two what I'd call daytime scents and two evening scents.

 The first daytime scent is one I have been wearing for probably 4 years now and it is as mentioned above, Vera Wang's Princess and I prefer the original although I know there is a selection now. This scent is just me and it is the one everyone I know associates with me. The bottle is beautiful and the scent lasts a really long time on my skin. Debenhams describe the scent as 'Radiant and whimsical, Vera Wang Princess is a sheer, fruity floral rich with vanilla and brimming with exotic flowers and succulent fruits. The scent sparkles with the captivating, sweet, tart aroma of delicate lady apples and dreamy water lily kissed.' You really can smell the vanilla in it but as it says the floral notes are also present and overall I just really love how girly and fresh it makes you smell. For a 100ml bottle in Debenhams this is £60.


My other favourite daytime scent is one that I don't currently have but will be buying when I go on holiday from Duty Free and it is Nina by Nina Ricci. This has similar scents as 'Princess' with both vanilla and floral notes in them however this also has middle notes of red toffee apple which in my opinion is a great smell to have in a perfume. I believe this is slightly sweeter than 'Princess' and some may find it a bit sickly but I really like it. I currently have Nina L'Elixir which I do like but its not as nice as the original in my opinion and I can't wait to get another bottle of Nina. Cheapsmells.com describes the perfume as 'A modern fairy tale. For all young women searching for surprise and fantasy… in a wonderland where dreams dress reality. Her magical perfume is a promise of charm, enchantment and seductive femininity.Top Notes: Calabrese Lemon and Lime Caipirinha. Middle Notes: Red Toffee Apple, Vanilla Infusion, Moonflower and Peony Petals.Base Notes: Apple Tree Wood, Cotton Musk and White Cedar. ' For 80mls on Cheapsmells.com this is £36.75.
Moving on to evening scents and I like my evening scents to be quite strong but still girly and sweet so with that in mind I have two favourites again. The first being Joop Thrill which to me smells like a garden on a summers night. Its floral still but much has a stronger vanilla scent than the daytime perfumes I like which I think is what makes it maybe a bit more dark and sexy than the previous two. Amazon describes the scent as 'Joop! Thrill captures the highvoltage roller-coaster ride of a nightly foray into themetropolis. Thrill for Her embodies the innocence of a sexy floral bouquet,with notes of sparkling bergamot, peach juice and rich, preciousiris infused with seductive vanilla.Top Notes: Peach Juice, Lily. Heart Notes: Mimosa, Iris. Base Notes: Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Sandalwood' . After reading this and then smelling the perfume I can actually smell the peach scent as well so overall its just a gorgeous scent that I love wearing on a night out as it lasts for hours and I like that I can smell it on myself as with some perfumes I find that I can't actually smell them on me. Amazon is selling Joop Thrill at £37.24 for 50ml.

And finally we come to my newest addition to the perfume collection and I am already in love with it, it is 'Play Intense' by Givenchy. The first thing that drew me to this perfume was the bottle as 1) Its purple which is my favourite colour and 2) It looks like a very sleek MP3 player with crystals! Once I smelt it though I was even more in love, the smell of this is just my ideal scent and I have been wearing it every night for the last 3 months. The Perfume Shop describes the scent as 'Captures the senses through irresistible enchantment. The fragrance opens on a fresh caress imagined around orange blossom, and Pink pepper. The enriched persona of the fragrance is enhanced by the warmth of Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Patchouli and Benzoin.' So the scents are quite similar in this and Joop so I guess that's why I like them both so much. The Perfume shop is selling 'Play Intense' for £64.99 for 75ml.



I know this has been a long post but I hope it hasn't been too boring and I would love to know what your favourite perfumes are or if you have tried any of the ones mentioned then please let me know what you think of them.

Hope your having a great weekend girls.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment