Thursday 30 June 2011

Don't forget to moisturise!!!!

Hi Girls

Today I wanted to talk to you about body moisturisers because since I have been back from Corfu my skin has been soo dry and has also started to peel which I hate. To try and stop the peeling and put some moisture back in my skin I have been using a few different moisturisers so I thought I would tell you about a few of them. I was really naughty in Corfu and laid in the sun all day every day and although I had plenty of suncream on and made sure I re-applied throughout the day I did burn a little bit on my chest and arms so they are the areas that are peeling most. I also didn't take any body moisturiser away with me so I now that I am home my skin is constantly feeling dry which I hate.

£25 for 200ml at John Lewis
So the first moisturiser I have been using for my arms, chest and stomach is the from the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream line and it is their Intensive Moisturising Body Treatment. This product is amazing! It has stopped me peeling almost completely and my skin feels so soft and moisturised after I have used this. The feeling lasts all day which is great as it means I only have to moisturise once I get out the shower and that's it for the day. It isn't greasy and soaks in to my skin straight away which is something I really like in a body moisturiser as I don't like having to wait for it to dry before I can get dressed. The only one downside to this product is that because it is from the Eight Hour Cream collection it does have the same sort of smell as the original cream although it isn't as strong and I can't even smell it anymore but my boyfriend hates the smell of it and can tell instantly if I have it on. However I am willing to smell a little strange in return for having silky smooth skin that's not peeling. 

The second moisturiser I am using just on my legs is the Nivea Irresistibly Smooth Body Lotion. I also really like this moisturiser but it isn't as thick as the Elizabeth Arden one which is why I am not using it on my upper body to stop the peeling. It is however very moisturising and leaves my legs feeling perfectly smooth and in no way dry at all. I do use this in the morning and at night just because it isn't as thick and therefore doesn't last as long but my legs are never as dry as the rest of my body for some reason so this is perfect. I may also take this with me when I go away again in August just to use all over every night so that I don't come home in the same state that I did this time.
£3.56 for 250ml in Boots

Overall I think for an everyday moisturiser I would choose the Nivea Irresistibly Smooth body lotion because on a daily basis throughout the year I do not need the thick intensive moisture that the Elizabeth Arden Moisturiser gives. Plus the Nivea one is a lot cheaper and comes in a bigger bottle :) 

Have a great day girls 

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment