Friday 5 February 2016

Take time to De-Stress

If you are anything like me then I bet you don't take much you time. Over the last few weeks all I have done is work, sort house things and plan for the wedding. There hasn't been much time for relaxing, so last night I went home with the intention of having a chill out night. It was the best thing I have done in a long time so I thought I would give you my top 5 tips for the perfect chill out:
 
1. Run a bubble bath

 
Use a bath bomb or some lovely bubble bath and make your bath extra special. I like to use the Laura Mercier Honey Bath's as they are lovely and rich and you really feel like your muscles are relaxing when you have a soak in these. Lush bath bombs are another great way to spruce up your bath.
 
2. Turn the lights off and light the candles
 
 
Everything is better by candle light and I instantly relax if the lighting is low. It helps if they smell lovely too. My favourite candle at the moment is this Tonka Bean and Myrrh one from Next, it smells delicious and looks lovely too.
 
3. Choose some relaxing music

 
 
Nothing chills me out more than a relaxing playlist, I have been loving the 'Relax & Unwind' playlist on Spotify at the moment. It just makes me want to lie in the bath all evening and listen.
 
4. Give your skin a pamper
 
I like to give my body a full exfoliation including my face, give myself a pedicure and cover myself in a nice thick moisturiser. You should do this all the time anyway but I think it feels even better after a long soak in the bath.
 
5. Read!

 
 
Once I am in my pyjamas and ready for bed, I like to get in the covers with a warm drink and a good book. It is so bad for you to be on your phone or Ipad just before going to bed so I try to stop using them half an hour before I am going to sleep. I use this time to read a couple of chapters of a good book. I love reading but never make time for it. That is definitely on my to do list this year.
 
So there you have it, my top tips to a perfect chill out night.
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment