Friday 22 January 2016

Beauty Haul

I have changed quite a lot over the last few years, I no longer go to Superdrug on a Saturday and buy a crazy amount of make-up on a whim that I will never use again or that will cause my skin to hate me so much it makes me look like a 14 year old with severe acne! I prefer to buy things that I have researched well and that I know I will get my use out of. Sometimes this will be slightly more expensive than I would have spent a few years ago but I tend to know I will love.

 
Over the last month I have picked up a few bits, either when I have popped into town or Christmas presents. I thought I would show you what I got and if I really like them I will do some reviews over the coming months. So lets get on with it:
 
Skincare

 
With the wedding in 6 months I really wanted to make sure my skin is in the best condition possible so as well as drinking my 2 litres of water a day, I wanted to get some high end skin care. I have  typical combination skin but it is quite sensitive so I have to be quite careful when choosing my skin care. Whilst in my local Debenhams last week I went to the Clarin's counter and had a consultation with their skin care consultant. She gave me lots of great advice and I walked away with the HydraQuench Moisturising Lotion and the Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream as well as samples of their Cleanser and Toner which I am already considering buying the full size of.
 
I also picked up some more of my favourite eye make-up remover from Clinique. This is oil based remover and it is the best at removing mascara and heavy eye make-up. This may be my 3rd bottle of this and I still love it.
 
Make-up

 
Whilst at the Clarin's stand I also picked up a new foundation. I am a bit of a foundation junkie and I am yet to find one that does everything I need it to do. I got the Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation in the colour Nude which is the perfect match for me.
 
For Christmas my best friend brought me this contour pallet from Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette which has 8 beautiful shades in to suit a mixture of skin tones. 2 of the colours are beautiful shimmery baked highlights that I cannot wait to use.
 
As a little mid-January treat to myself last week I picked up something which I have wanted for such a long time but couldn't really justify as I have so many red lipsticks but this is the L'Oreal Colour Riche Collection in the Blake red. It is so beautiful and anything that might make me slightly more Blake Livelyesque is good with me. Turns out it is different to my 2 MAC reds as well so that's my justification.
 
Perfume

 
If you are anything like me then perfume is one of those things that you get a few bottles of your favourite ones for Christmas and then never buy any for yourself throughout the year. I love perfume and have got quite a few favourites now so my family tend to pick and chose which ones they get me and there is always a new one thrown in for good measure just to try out. This year I received 3 bottles for Christmas.
 
The first is one of my all time favourites Vera Wang - Lovestruck. I have been wearing this for about 4 years now and it holds so many memories for me that just a quick spray and I feel like I am 21 again.
 
The second was meant to be another favourite of mine but my grandma got the 2 confused so instead of Prada Candy L'eau she picked up the original Prada Candy. This is not an issue for me as after I smelt it I think I actually prefer it.
 
Finally my newbie for the year was the original Jimmy Choo perfume. I really like this scent and think it will be one of those everyday work perfumes as it isn't too strong which is what I like for everyday.
 
So I think February might need to be a month where I don't buy any beauty products as I have spent far too much over the last few months and have lots of lovely new products to use first.
 
Have a great day
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment