Friday 15 January 2016

Top 5 in 2015




Hi Girls,

2015 was a year of discovery for me beauty wise, I tried lots of new products and feel like my makeup bag is now almost perfect. There are some things that I have been using for years such as the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer or the Gosh Kohl Eye Liner but there was also some new additions which I feel need to be mentioned so I have put together my top 5 new finds in 2015.

This is probably my favourite beauty item of 2015. I put it under my foundation and it just makes my skin look flawless. I plan on doing a full review of it soon but it is just beautiful, you can even use it on good skin days instead of foundation and still get a great even finish. At £26 a go it isn't the cheapest option but in my opinion it is definitely worth it. Oh it has SPF 30 in it as well which is a massive bonus!

A couple of months ago I started looking for a waterproof mascara for the wedding and this was the first one I picked up. I loved it so much I then went and brought the normal version as well. It gives so much volume to your lashes and I have been asked on multiple occasions if I am wearing false lashed when I have this mascara on. It lasts all day and in my opinion there is nothing else as good.

At the beginning of the year I was just like everybody else dying to get hold of Velvet Teddy by MAC and of course it was sold out everywhere I tried so I picked up an alternative in Mehr which for me is the perfect 'your lips but better' colour. I did end up picking Velvet Teddy up too this year and it is just as good as I hoped it would be.

I have always been interested in the concept of sponge applicators and have tried a few over the last year that have always been a bit useless to be honest. Then I decided to that I was going to buy a beauty blender. Before I got the chance to do that I saw the Real Technique version and I have been a big fan of Real Techniques since the first came out and at £5.99 it was a cheaper option. I absolutely love it now and couldn't use anything else for applying my foundation. It leaves such a flawless finish and is so easy to use.

I use this as my evening moisturiser and it leaves my skin so hydrated. I first used it when I flew to California last year and it was great for using on the plane as I often get really dry skin when I have been flying or staying in hotel rooms because the air is never that great but this really helped combat this. If I am having a no makeup day I sometimes use this as my day time moisturiser as well as it just makes my face feel lovely and soft.

So there we go, my top 5 products of 2015. I cannot wait to discover lots of new beauty products this year.

Have a great day

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment