Friday 19 August 2011

Summer Reading...

I don't tend to read a lot of books during the year apart from text books for uni but but me on a sun lounger around a pool and I will read for hours. I normally get through between 4 and 6 books on a two week holiday which seems a bit excessive but I've read a whole book in one day once.


The kind of books I read are the classic rom-coms. I like to feel connected to the characters and laugh when they do something funny or cry when its all going wrong. I know not all of you will like my choice of books but I just want something light, funny and a bit romantic so these books are perfect. I'm not going to write a lot about each book because obviously I haven't read them yet but I will include a link to where you can read about them and then purchase if you wish.

The first book I am taking with me is 'Girl on the run' by Jane Costello, I love Jane Costello and have read all of her previous books so when I saw this one I knew it would be perfect for me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1847396267

The second book i am taking is 'There goes the bride' by Holly McQueen. I haven't read any books of hers before so I don't know if it will be any good but I really like the cover of this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/There-Goes-Bride-This-here/dp/0099545764/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313750416&sr=1-2#_


The next book is 'The Gatecrasher' now this book is by Sophie Kinsella writing as Madeleine Wickham. I absolutely love Sophie Kinsella and have read all of her books but she hasn't brought out any new ones since 'Mini Shopoholic' so when I saw she had a whole different range under a different name I had to buy some. This is the first one I have brought but I'm sure I'll get them all at some point.




'Becoming Scarlett' by Ciara Geraghty is the next book and again I haven't read any of her books before but I love the cover on the book and its about weddings which I also love so must be a winner!



http://www.amazon.co.uk/Becoming-Scarlett-Ciara-Geraghty/dp/0340976578/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313750534&sr=1-1

Finally the last book is 'Three in a bed' by Carmen Reid. Carmen Reid is again one of my favourite writers and I have read most of her books so I'm sure this won't disappoint.



http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=9780552155816


Let me know what your favourite summer reads are in the comments. 

Have a great day girls
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment